Thursday 7 April 2016

Garden Blooms


I had a Garden in Bloom Class at my house on Wednesday morning. We started off with the two cards above to introduce the ladies to the set. This is a two step stamping set and in one case three step!
Everyone loved the little bee buzzing around and the cute little butterflies.


I love teaching techniques so for the next two cards we embossed the flowers with white embossing powder and then used sponge daubers to apply the colour. We also did some masking to stamp the Timeless Textures background. I really thought that I would not need to buy the Washi Label Punch but Monica's persuasive power at the last Training Day had its effect and I absolutely love it. It goes so well with the Teeny Tiny Sentiments Set.


The next card showed how to combine DSP and Vellum. The DSP is  English Garden from the Annual Catalogue and it matches the Garden Blooms Stamp Set. I found that Black Archival Ink is the best for stamping on Vellum but you need to heat set it on low so that it won't smudge. I then used Stampin' Write Markers to colour the butterfies on the other side.

For the last card there was a choice of two colourways. I wanted the ladies to use the small flower in the stamp set but it is one of those stamps that looks a bit boring on its own so I decided that I had to bring that large flower back to add interest to the card.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.I really appreciate it as I love hearing from you.