Thursday 10 January 2013

Scrap Book Baby shower Evening.

 Last night I hosted a Scrap booking Baby Shower party for my friend, Clare.
We all enjoyed preparing as many pages as we wanted so that Clare can add photos of the baby after it is born.
As we did not know whether the baby is a boy or girl we used mutual colours such as yellow, green, brown, grey and orange. Blue and pink crept in here and there.
I used the swirl from my new "Everything Eleanor" stamp set which had only arrived that day.
 This is Clare who sat at the head of the table. I am glad to say that she did a page too.




Debi finished first. She said that the Elephant embellishment was specially brought along to be used for a page.

Clare asked us all to write in a journalling box somewhere on a page.She wanted us to write something for the baby possibly including a Bible verse or poem. This gave each page a very personal touch.
My verse was from Psalm 127 verse 3 :- "Children are a gift from the Lord. The fruit of the womb is His reward."


 Sarah used the Stampin up Baby Tees Wheel along the bottom of one of her pages. Clare said that she liked the way that it faded out at the end. If we had used an ink cartridge then that would not have happened.
 Sarah (above) did two bath time pages with ducks everywhere.
I like the way that she used the wavy trimmer to give the idea of splashing and waves.



Claire J.did a Thank You page with some photos of her son  who Clare G.has child minded.I love the addition of the dragon flies at the top.
This was Helen's first Scrap book evening and she completed two pages. We had fun using the Stampin Up Scallop Trim Border punch.
There is a certain knack for getting it to line up properly.

It was good to use up some of my stash and I am glad to say that Clare is putting the pages in a 12 x 12 Creative Memories Album.
I can't wait to see it!

1 comment:

  1. I just love these :-) I can't wait to start a scrapbook. I look forward to your advice and guidance :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.I really appreciate it as I love hearing from you.